Saturday, October 24, 2009

Wiki World

Happy Fall, Everyone!

In Emerging Tech class this semester, we have learned about "wikis," another emerging technology I am unfamiliar with. Of course, I use Wikipedia....Duh. I also knew that anyone could edit the articles on Wikipedia just because of some stories I heard about people playing jokes on other people. So, if you are like me and don't really know what a wiki is, it is simply it is a collaborative report that ensures important information is elicitied, discussed, and edited. However, you may not have known that Wikipedia is not the only wiki space available. Other sites such as Zoho, Sharepoint, and Confluence are also wikis.

In class that day when wikis were first introduced to us, we watched a short YouTube clip of The Colbert Report and how he asked people to change the Wikipedia article on elephants. It was pretty funny -- you should check it out!

Thanks for reading...
Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment