Saturday, November 28, 2009

Visual Recognition Computer Lock

Just yesterday, as I am home for Thanksgiving break, I was trying to get on my mom's laptop so I could check my email, Facebook, etc. When I turned the computer on, it goes to the screen where you click on the user and type in their password to get to the "start" page. When I clicked on my mom's name a box appeared on the screen and reflected my picture. Two little dots appeared on the computer to recognize my moms eyes. If the computer recognizes my mom's eyes, it automatically allows her access, but it if doesn't recognize you and you try to type in the password multiple times, the computer will actually take a picture of you and save--just as a security application.

It was awesome...after about three times of getting the password wrong and the computer not recognizing me, the box on the screen that was reflecting my picture said if I stayed at the computer for three more seconds I was giving my consent for the computer to capture my photo.

I have never heard of this computer brand before, Lenovo. My mom got the computer through Tiger Direct and got a steal!!!

Check it out:
www.tigerdirect.com

Security First! No ones try to steal this laptop :)

1 comment:

  1. Erica, This sounds like a really cool technology for your computer. When i first got my mac laptop i downloaded an application that is sort of like this. The application gave no warning as to who was trying to get on your computer and didn't recognize my eyes, it just let me know who tried to log in. I think that it would also be pretty cool if the product were to email you a picture of who was trying to log in so that if the laptop was stolen you would know who stole the laptop. great and interesting blog.

    ReplyDelete