Monday, November 16, 2009

Everyone Wants a Longer Lasting Battery, Right?


Hey all --

This morning I was researching on "Technology Review" for an emerging technology I can research in depth about for our Com 435 Research Poster Presentation. I found this new battery interesting, because I get sooo frustrated when I am out with friends and turn my camera on in attempt of capturing some pictures, but my camera doesn't turn on because the batteries are dead! GRR. Amprius, a start-up company in Menlo Park, CA, plans to sell a new battery. The battery is a new type of anode for lithium-ion batteries. It will allow the electric vehicles travel farther and your mobile devices to last longer without a recharge. The anodes are made of silicon nanowires.

Sounds pretty awesome! Check it out on Technology Review:
http://www.technologyreview.com/energy/23893/page1/

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a great technology...hope that this comes out pretty soon.

    ReplyDelete